7-Zip © Igor Pavlov
File archiver with very high compression rate
7-Zip is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. Check license information here: 7-Zip license.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats: packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM. Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
John T. Haller from New York bundles 7-Zip with his launcher for portable Applications to 7-Zip Portable.
You can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
FreeCommander XE 2017 Portable © Marek Jasinski
FreeCommander is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager. The program helps you with daily work in Windows. Here you can find all the necessary functions to manage your data stock. You can take FreeCommander anywhere - just copy the installation directory on a CD or USB-Stick - and you can even work with this program on a foreign computer.
For Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, multiple language support. Freeware. File size: 32 bit version: 6,15 MB.
FreeCommander XE 64-bit is currently available as bonus for the donors: 8,05 MB.
NetSpeedMonitor © Florian Gilles
NetSpeedMonitor is a lightweight Network Monitoring Toolbar for your Windows Taskbar designed to be used on computers that run Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista or Windows 7. With NetSpeedMonitor you can monitor the current speed (up- and downstream) of your Network Interfaces and the amount of data transferred. In addition to the Connection Table with all TCP/UDP endpoints and the Toolbar Tooltip with a quick and short traffic overview, you can also see detailed daily and monthly Traffic Statistics. NetSpeedMonitor toolbar requires no additional drivers like other Network Monitoring tools do!
Notepad++ © Don Ho
Text editing to go
John T. Haller from New York bundles Notepad++ with his launcher for portable Applications to Notepad++ Portable.
On the website of the software developer Don Ho, there is Notepad ++ as a ZIP file and as a 7-Zip file to unzip to a file folder, from which Notepad ++ starts directly and runs without a Windows installer. I have tested this on 22.06.2018 and since then I use this version directly from the Developer.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Language Defined System
- Tabed document and Multi-View
- More than 50 languages supported
- Full Drag ‘N' Drop supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Extensible with its plugin system